Wednesday, August 17, 2011

How Story 2 begins...

It has been ages since I update this blog... started a new project in May 2010 and had been working day and night...

Our darling Yuan2 has grown into an active and cheerful toddler :) We think she is ready for her first flight and when I had to clear my annual leave at year end, we decided to spend Christmas in Tokyo. After confirming the air tix and accomodation, we were all set for a nice holiday. Juz few days before our departure, I was tested positive with a home pregnancy kit! My gynae was away and the next available appointment was in January 2011. To have a peace of mind, I went to see another gynae -- to my horror, he detected blood clots in my womb and baby was smaller than my predicted 7-week old (juz a sac and no heartbeat). I was classified as having high risk pregnancy and he advised me to cancel my trip. However, I was insistent to travel (we cancelled our trip to Japan when I was pregnant with Yuan2)-- he gave me a jab (ouch, it was damn painful on the thigh) and medication to stablize the pregnancy.

TK was very supportive and we went ahead with our planned holiday -- informed my Japanese friend, Mamiko, about my high risk pregnancy and standby contact for gynae in Tokyo in case of emergency. It was a no-rush trip as I was sleepy n tired from the medication. Yuan2 was able to sleep during the flights and in the hotel *phew* She had great fun running around and even attempt to climb up Mt. Takao :) It was tiring travelling with a toddler but the experience will help us to better prepare for the next trip... After the trip, we went back to see the temp gynae -- yeah, able to detect the baby's heartbeat and my EDD is 16 August 2011! And I could stop taking the medication. We revert back to see my gynae as we trust his "magic hands".

This 2nd pregnancy was more tiring as my work was very busy and had to attend to an active Yuan2. But I was happier -- Yuan2, my sunshine girl, made me laugh everyday :) My gynae warned me not to over-exercise as he would not be able to stop the early contractions this time (cervix already open once). Haiz, I could only go for occasional swim and bi-weekly yoga. Oh, at the detailed scan @ 20 weeks, my gynae confirmed that baby is a boy :) Yeah, can "close factory" after this!

In March 2011, my company was not doing well and announced closure. Luckily, a new company re-hired us -- and thanks to the kind management, my start date was 13 May 2011 so that I would have completed my probation by 13 August 2011(3 days before EDD) and eligible for 16-weeks of maternity leave. If I give birth earlier, I could only take 2 months of unpaid leave. We kept on talking to baby to stay in mummy tummy till EDD.

No comments: