Saturday, November 08, 2008

How the story begins...

After we signed up for Yokosuka Seaside Marathon in November 2008, we bought a new pair of running shoes and ready to start training in September 2008. I began to experience lower abdominal pain during running but put it off till I began to feel more discomfort. We visited the GP near our home and I was tested positive for pregnancy test! Instead of feeling happy, the doc suspected that I may have conceive outside of the womb(ectopic) and refer me to A&E immediately. That got us worried but both of us braved ourselves to face the obstacle ahead.

We arrived at NUH A&E at 9.37pm. Paid a consultation fee of $80 and the nurse took my blood pressure and asked me some questions (allergies, intensity of pain etc.). A nice friendly female doc was in the room and asked me about my medical history and my purpose of visiting A&E. Upon hearing that I increase of weekly mileage from 9km to 37km within a weak, she suspected I had ligament strain. Next I lied down on the bed and she pressed on various part of my abdomen -- no pain at specific area (center is urintary tract infection, right/left is conceived out of the womb etc.). Usually, if I have any complication, I would be having fever, dizziness, and severe pain when she pressed on the abdomen. She assured me that I am fine and should see a gynae. Phew, that was great news! Gosh, a false alarm! I was discharged at 11pm and we reached home at 11.20pm. TK would like to keep the good news to ourselves and immediate family until my pregnancy is stable (after 1st trimester).

1 comment:

wendy & jianming said...

haha... its finally the 'honeymoon' period of ur preggy journey... n u can't wait to 'purge' all the excitement of the experience... =)

once again, CONGRATS!! and u'll soon feel much much better (will pray hard for u)...

best wishes,
wendy

PS: really am happy to see u @ my wedding... thou u're still feeling uncomfy @ that time... thanx gal...