Tuesday, March 10, 2009

30km mark

Yeah, our little precious finally crossed the 30km mark (commonly known as hit-the-wall point for marathoners)! We visited the gynae to check on her progress -- wow, she is 1.5kg at 30-week :) We visited nephew Jayden over the weekend -- he is such an angel and sleep thru the afternoon :) There was an open-air concert at Botanic Garden -- we brought a picnic bag, drinks & snack to enjoy the music. Our little princess is happily dancing inside!

Shopping
Almost done with baby shopping, we still cannot resist to buy cute stuff for our princess :) Here's new toys for her -- cute pink moo moo, beansprout pillow & wall deco sticker.





Baby movement
We got a scare when I felt little movement on Monday - usually, our little princess will kick up a fuss in the morning to wake mummy up. TK was worried and wanna to go to gynae for check-up. I seeked the advise of mummies in the forum and most experienced the same thing (false alarm). I decided to observe for a while longer and thank goodness our baby started kicking hard before lunch *PHEW* Maybe our baby knows mummy was tired over the hectic weekend and wanna let me have a rest :) However, my gynae advises us to go to him immediately if we detect little baby movement for the coming 10 weeks -- juz in case the umbilical cord got tangle around the neck.

Placenta
My placenta is still low lying and the gynae said it has 70% chance of moving up. Need to "commmunicate" with our baby to ask her to help mummy to push up the placenta. Else I may have to go for c-sect instead of natural birth. My yoga teacher asked me to do more hip roll to push down the placenta. Avoid squatting and rest more.


Weight gain
Managed to maintain 0.5kg per week for the past 4 weeks. Total weight gain is 9kg -- haiz, think I am unable to meet my target of less than 10kg for the entire pregnancy! And here's my bump @ 30-week :-


Water retention
I usually take off my wedding ring when I reach home and will put it on before leaving the house in the morning. Last Sat, suddenly notice that my ring finger is slightly swollen and I have difficulty taking off my ring! Gosh, that's a sign of water retention! To avoid having the ring stuck on my finger, I have to stop wearing it and keep it in the safe. Joked to TK that I am "single" again :P Hope I can wear back my ring after giving birth :)

Backaches
Now that I am in 3rd trimester, I begin to feel more backaches due to the increasing weight :( And not easy to get up from sofa or bed... Need to do more yoga to relieve the aches...

No comments: