Monday, March 02, 2009

Learning with mummy

Our little princess is 29-week last Sat and we celebrated with a dim sum breakfast -- usual fare of har kaw, siew mai, chee cheong fun, char siew pau :) I had to attend a 2-day work-related seminar from 9-6pm over the weekend -- sweet TK drove me to/fro Suntec and spent the weekend fixing the tap conversion(for our little darling's shower time) and setting up the computer table. Oh, he was very happy to re-live his pre-marriage life -- eat, sleep, play computer, eat, sleep (coz he seldom have this "luxury" when I am home) *haha*

Learning with mummy
The seminar was interesting and fun-filled with games like making buckets and building bridge) -- our little princess wanted to participate with lots of kicking!

Baby shopping
After my seminar, we went for dinner & shopping at Marina Square and Suntec to buy more stuff for our little princess :) Bought a cute romper with "Daddy's little princess" and tiny socks. Also bought some items for my hospital bag -- gotta get it ready by 36-week.

Cousin Jayden
My sis-in-law gave birth to a healthy boy last Tuesday(24 Feb 2009) -- 3.1kg @ 50cm. The baby is due in early March but he is in breech position at 38-39-week. So my brother and wifey decided to have c-sect on my brother's birthday -- perfect for his birthday present! Another bundle of joy in my family -- my 2 darling nieces 8-yo Hui & 5-yo Ying(my sis' daughters), nephews 7-yo Dino & 4-yo Davier(my elder bro's sons) and now nephew Jayden :) Our little princess will have cousin Jayden to play with when she grows up.

Weight control
The last I weighed on Friday, I have gained 8kg. Dunno whether it is physchological, I begin to feel more backaches and tired from the extra weight :P I started to take note of the time and food that I ate -- to track any trend in spike of weight gain :)

Cold sore
I had it once (a few years back) at the lower right corner of my lips during a ski trip due to dry lip & over sun exposure. Last Monday, I felt something not right at my lips and the next morning, a few fever blisters appeared at the same location as my last cold sore! Soon these merged to one huge blister -- very unsightly and create lotsa discomfort :( Read on the web that some mummies will be prone to cold sore due hormone changes. There is no cure and it will heals in 10-14 days. One MTB from the forum uses vaseline to relieve the pain -- so I bought a tube to try. Thank goodness it is healing well :) Will take care to moist my lips regularly!

2 comments:

wendy & jianming said...

the cold sore from that falls creek trip we had?

wendy

doraemon_red said...

i had it once while skiing in nagano(japan) before falls creek.