Our little princess is 35 week on Sat -- we spent it in KKH labour ward as I was admitted on Good Friday (again). I started to experience blood-stained discharge (commonly known as dislodge of mucus plug prior to delivery) on Thursday -- contacted my gynae and he said not a concern if it is not non-stop bleeding. However, there was more discharge on Friday and we decided to go KKH for a check. After 1 hour of observation on CTG and baby heartrate monitor, I was found to have regular contractions (though I dun feel the pain). The MO did a VE and guess what -- my cervix was 3cm dilated! He advised me to be admitted as I may deliver anytime.
This time, we were more prepared -- packed my hospital bag in advance. As ward 82 was full, we were lucky and given ward 72 -- kinda luxury version with nicer deco & furnishing. Nurses were nice and friendly -- came in and out to check my blood pressure, temperature, urine sample, baby heart rate etc. Each time they will remind me to call them if I am having contraction pain or waterbag burst. On-duty doc came to inform me that they would double the dosage to stop my contraction. So we spent the rest of the day in the labour ward -- waiting for further dilation or signs. TK was all ready to setup his "work station" -- there was free internet access via wireless@SG and I went online to "announce" that I am @ KKH waiting for labour. Received many well wishes from friends :) TK worked while I zz early.
Ward 72 - Cosy room with LCD TV & sofa bed for TK
Toilet & shower room -- with chair to sit in case I feel faint
My meals - dinner, breakfast & lunch (healthy & yummy)
When we finally met our gynae, he explained that they try to stop my contraction to delay the delivery of our baby so that all her organs are fully developed. He did ultrascan to check that baby is of good size (2.5kg @ 35week) and has sufficient amnotic fluid. He assured me that my baby will be fine and I can go home on bed rest. He will review my condition next Wednesday. He also shared that he had a patient who is 3cm dilated for 6 weeks before delivery. Meanwhile, I have to monitor my baby's movement at home and come to hospital if I feel less movement, contraction pain or waterbag burst.
We were so relieved to be discharged! The miscommunication between us and the on-duty doc caused tremendous stress n anxiety on us! We thought 3cm dilated means will eventually leads to delivery in the next 1-2 days but seemed contradicting when they double the dosage to stop contraction. We cannot possible stay in the hospital and wait indefinitely. Thankfully, our gynae understood our concerns -- we regained our confidence in him :)
Our friends were eagerly waiting for news from us -- had to inform them that it was a false alarm :) Gosh, 2nd full dress rehearsal in a week! Our little princess is sending us on roller coaster rides!
3 comments:
hi ogenki desuka? glad to know you and your princes are doing well after a few surprises. really really looking forward to meeting your bb!
Hi Noriko, good to hear from you :) watashi wa genki desu! Am on hospitalization leave to rest at home for 3 weeks -- hopefully bb will decide to come out soon :)
wow... haven visited ur blog for a while... didn't know u were on such an exciting 'ride'... THE day is gg to be near... i'll need ur advice when its my turn... haha... meanwhile, do rest well...
regards
wendy chan
Post a Comment